Freitag, 1. April 2011

Rant: I just need to get this off my chest

If you're not a fan of rant-posts, please skip this post. (And it's not a April fools day joke either)

Well, how do I start this post... It really bugs me that a certain company hasn't done their proper research in terms of (make up) finishes. Because holographic ≠ duochrome. I know press-release pictures are not the best in the color-accuracy category but you really have smoked something bad when you mistake a holographic with a duochrome (for those of you who don't know the difference, here's a über-great post about a lot of finishes.)

It's like trying to sell a well-known branded product but it's the crappy counterfeit (or even f....... waste that no one wants). 

That particular company did that in a LE polish (and I doubted its "holo" ness when I first saw the press release) and now another LE "full with holographic" poducts.
Someone confronted the company about that issue at their beauty bulletin board and the result were lame excuses and a statement that can be roughly translated to "we're sorry that you're dissapointed about this but we try out best to capture the true color(s) in our pictures".